OMB Memorandum M-16-12 dated 2 June 2016 directs Federal Agencies and Departments to:
- Buy/maintain COTS in a more coordinated way
- Move to a more centralized and collaborative software management approach
- Improve software license management practices and use SAM tools
- Maintain a continual agency-wide COTS software and service inventory
- Comply with license agreements, consolidate redundant apps, and identify cost-savings opportunities
The memorandum mandates Federal Agencies and Departments to:
- Appoint an agency Software Manager, establish an office and policies that enable described roles and responsibilities NLT 15 July 2016
- Compile a baseline inventory of COTS licensing NLT 30 Sep 2016
- Report to OMB all cost savings and cost avoidance quarterly beginning 30 Nov 2016
How will you accomplish this? This is NOT service management (ITIL)! This is ASSET MANAGEMENT. Intelligence Consulting Enterprise Solutions-Inc (ICES), a US-based VOSB, knows the Federal space. ICES has trained and certified Asset Managers from NGA, Treasury, FBI, Thrift-Savings-Plan, as well as commercial organizations and currently is assisting a Federal Agency instill industry best practices for Software Asset Management. Let ICES help you.
- ICES is an International Association of IT Asset Managers (IAITAM) Accredited Training Organization (ATO), accredited by APMG to deliver the IAITAM Courseware
- ICES presents monthly classes leading to these ASSET MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certified Asset Management Professional (CAMP) – the foundation course for asset management
- Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) – focusing on the nuances and legal issues of software asset management and control.
- Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP) – focusing on the issues associated with management of IT hardware acquisition, lifecycle management and disposal.
- Certified Mobile Asset Manager (CMAM) – focusing on the management of these high risk computers that happen to have a phone attached. This class demonstrates the areas needed to effectively manage mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc.
- Certificate in IT Asset Disposal (CITAD) – focusing on the legal risks and mitigation strategies involved with the disposal of IT hardware assets.
- Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM) – a highly interactive, intensive, 4-day course for those managing the IT department of their organization. This class illustrates all the key process areas that need to be considered to effectively and efficiently run a modern IT organization.
- ICES as a consulting organization currently supporting asset managers of a Federal Agency with fully cleared and IAITAM-certified system engineers.
Visit our website: http://ices-inc.net/ices-iaitam-accredited-training/ to learn more about these vital classes and register for them. Or contact Dr. Steve Ligon (703-943-0353) to discuss your training and consulting needs. Our staff of fully cleared engineer/trainers that are practitioners of asset management are here to help with your training and consulting needs.